Le Voyage Dans de Lune

Sunday, October 16, 2011

#89- Patton


I LOVED THIS MOVIE.
Patton was the very first war film I have ever seen, and is now one of my favorite movies ever. I was apprehensive to even sit down and start it, having never before seen a war film. I was sure it would hold none of what I want to see in a movie; and that ended up to be true, in a basic sense. It held no musical numbers, romance, "fast-action", or fiery female leads. But, in a larger sense, it held all I could possibly want in a movie. Deep (or not so deep) within the folds of Patton you can find courage, conflicts of morality, what it means to be "good", destiny, and many other things of a similar strain. This movie (and all of the "AFI's top 100") taught me that things outside of what you know can reach you in deeper ways than you might expect or want. It is not good to only learn truth from the things that are familiar to you. That leaves no room for growth.
Also- the camera shots/writing/acting/blahblahblah was INCREDIBLE. But that is true to every movie on this list. So I probably don't have to keep saying that.
(Except for Yankee Doodle Dandy.... that movie was dumb.)

No comments:

Post a Comment