Le Voyage Dans de Lune

Friday, February 5, 2010

To start.

Honestly, I'm not sure where the idea for this was extracted, but in all likeliness it was the combination of my reading A Short History of Film and of watching Sunset Boulevard. I was struck by how much affect film has had on the course of history, and of how greatly it occupies our time and money. After seeing Sunset Boulevard, I did some research on it, and, long/boring story short, I discovered AFI's list of the 100 Best American Films. On discovering this, I got very excited and spent ten minutes printing of a pretty list of the movie titles. I will now attempt to watch every movie on the list, starting with 100 and working down, after which I will write a short response. Upon reading the list, I saw some movies that I love and have watched again and again, others that I've never heard of, and a few that I have never want to see (not being a fan of horror films...eep!)
That said, all I have left to say is: Unto the breach!
Here is a link to AFI's 1998 list: http://www.afi.com/100years/movies.aspx

1 comment:

  1. So excited to track your progress, sissy. Love the layout, too. WOOOO BLOBS.

    ReplyDelete